Going on vacations and travelling to places once in a while helps people to become free from their monotonous life schedule.Travelling gives a chance for relaxation and enjoyment. One might expect holidays to be wild and adventurous or culturally insightful or just relaxing in the tranquil beauty of the nature. Nepal proves to be an ideal destination to fulfill all these fantasies. Nepal is the perfect destination for all kind of travelers looking for relaxing family holidays to the most adventurous endeavors. There are a wide variety of activities to do and even more places to visit in this small country.
Various travel agencies can provide you with different tour packages to Nepal. Selecting the most convenient and best option among many can often be very confusing and difficult. Hence,if you want to have a fun and memorable trip finding the right travelling agency that help you make right choices is crucial.
Here are the 6 tips to find a travel agency that gives you the best travel experience in Nepal
1. Know yourself:
The first thing you need to understand are your priorities and interest as to what kind of trip you want, what kind of places you want to visit and how you are planning to travel. You will need to consider how much you are willing to spend and how much time you have. In addition to this, you should also think about the type of holiday style you are looking for and who you are traveling with. Once your priorities are well known it becomes easier to find out a suitable travel agency with appropriate travel packages.
2. Look for the right certification:
Travel agencies are growing at a speedy rate in the country. However, not all such agencies are well experienced and certified. Trekking and travel agencies in Nepal require active registration with Nepal Government, Nepal Tourism Board(NTB) and Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN) to conduct services in Nepal. You need to Investigate if the company has a valid license and authority to conduct trekking activities. Some companies might hold an old registration certificate, and some might even be banned from conducting tourism-related activities.
4. Experiences of the company at travel field
The experience level of an agency in the field of travel and trekking plays a vital role in selecting the best option among existing companies. A company that has provided service for the last 20 years can be expensive than startup traveling agency. However, the experience of such a company should not be looked over just because smaller agencies are costing cheaper.
The experience and long term service of an agency provides a guarantee of services despite the high cost. So it is recommended to look for a well-established company.
5. Quality service:
The Quality of the products and services offered by the company should be considered while choosing the agency. A tour guide is the most important person during the trek. You should make sure that the agency offers experienced guides and trek specialists who can communicate well with you to help you throughout your trek and travel.
The agency should also provide necessary gears for its guides and porters. If the guide is ill or sick or injured, the entire trek halts, so choose such a company that prioritizes the safety of their guides and member staff. You must make sure that the guide you choose or the one provided to you is an official guide with a professional license. Guides who can speak multiple languages can also be beneficial for effective communication. One might also want to investigate what sort of accommodation they lodge, food list they offer during camp, the source that the company purchase the food and the quality of equipment they use during treks
6. Safety and hygiene standards of the company
While traveling in a remote land among remote people, tourists consider safety as a primary deciding factor in choosing or not choosing a specific travel agency. To be considered the best trekking company in Nepal, it must make the safety of its client the most important priority during the trek.
Here are few points; which will help you to recognize a company with good safety and hygiene standards:
- Guides should be well trained in First Aid procedures and carry a comprehensive First Aid kit. They should be knowledgeable enough to know how to cope with mountain conditions, rescue in an emergency.
- Check whether trekking company take a Portable Altitude Chamber and Oxy-meter device on all treks above 3000 meters for the safety of trekkers.
- Satellite Phone, to communicate with the office to update on a trek situation and to update the concerned family right from the mountains.
- Check whether trekking company prioritizes time to adjust for high altitude adventure and takes into consideration necessary weather conditions in particular season and also the trekker’s physical capacity.
- Make sure the trekking company send a checklist of required gear. Good gears are required for a safe and successful trek. Make sure with trekking company about safety gear, camping gear & warm equipment in detail.
- The company should give more importance to the safety of its clients rather than to money.
Thus, with the help of the above-mentioned points in mind finding the right travel agency for your ideal trip to Nepal will be quite simple.
Click Here to read “How to Travel Safely in Nepal?”